Lizzie's birthday is coming up in November, and in an effort not to get too far behind because we are focusing on Halloween at present, I decided to go ahead and ask her what she wants. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Lizzie, what would you like for your birthday?
Lizzie: A boat
Me: A boat? What kind of boat?
Lizzie: One that floats in the bathtub, and is thiiiiiis big [holds her arms out wide].
Me: Will that fit in the tub?
Lizzie: Sure. It will just go like "whoop" [moves one hand in an arc motion] and it will fit.
Me: So, what should this boat look like?
Lizzie: Well, it should turn rainbow colors when you put it in water. Oh, and it should be a pirate ship. And it should have a driver. And mates.
Me: Mates?
Lizzie: [looking at me as if I'm stupid] You can't have a pirate ship without mates.
Me: Oooookay. Is there anything else you'd like?
Lizzie: A stuffed animal house. It should have pictures of bears on the walls and have windows just this big [holding the tips of her fingers about an inch apart]. And it should be tall, like this [holding her hands above her head].
Me: Where would you put it?
Lizzie: In my room.
Me: Where in your room? I don't think there's space for something that big.
Lizzie: The middle of the floor.
Me: Alrighty then. Anything else?
Lizzie: Yes. A stuffed car.
So there you have it, folks. Lizzie's wish list. I'm sure I can find a pirate ship that changes colors in water somewhere on the internets :)
No comments:
Post a Comment