When Anna was a baby, I think I had professional pictures taken once a quarter. When Lizzie was a baby, it was at least twice a year. Now I think I'm doing good if I get them done once a year!
I told myself a few months ago that we would get portraits done at the beginning of November so that I could get Christmas cards out right after Thanksgiving. Considering today is December 4th, you can guess how well that worked out for me.
Today started out with a bit of a to-do list, and all of it (except maybe dishes) had to do with getting pictures taken. I had the realization early today that I had totally forgotten to get Xavier anything to wear for "fancy" pictures. Thankfully that was an early realization, so I was able to get that fixed. Next was laundry... the girls had clothes that fit the bill, but half of it wasn't clean. There were also children to wash, snacks to prepare, a big bag to pack with changes of clothes for everyone... you get the picture. Miraculously, we were out the door on time.
Now, at this point you might expect to see samples of pictures from our session. That is a legitimate expectation, but by the time we were done taking pictures, looking at pictures, selecting pictures, etc., the girls were climbing the walls, the baby was crying, and there was no way we were waiting another 15 - 20 minutes for them to print and for the cd to burn. I'll be picking them up tomorrow. For now, imagine three kids never looking in the same direction or smiling at the same time, and sometimes making crazy faces in what would have been an awesome photo for everyone else. And if you can't imagine it, I'll post a sample once I actually pick them up :)
No comments:
Post a Comment